In addition to offering the opportunity to work in a casual work environment on the forefront of groundbreaking science in a highly stimulating and people-friendly work environment, JPL offers a strong package of employee benefits which include:
- Medical and Dental Coverage - choice of four medical plans and two dental plans for employee's and eligible dependents.
- Life, accident and long-term disability coverage to protect you and your loved ones.
- A TIAA-CREF retirement plan (The Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund) provides retirement plans at more than
15,000 universities, research centers and other non-profit institutions. Contributions by Caltech are made to the plan based on a percentage
of your salary and age.
- Vesting (your ownership of the account) is immediate.
Tax Deferred Annuity (TDA) - Any employee with earned wages can make voluntary, pre-tax contributions to a TDA up to their maximum annual deferral amount.
Investment options include guaranteed interest accounts and a variety of money market, bond, and stock funds offered by TIAA-CREF.
Paid Time Off
- Vacation - eligible employees accrue vacation starting at 10 hours/month, (15 days per year) and can be accrued up to a maximum of 320 hours.
- Sick Leave - eligible employees accrue sick leave starting at 8 hours/month (12 days per year) and can be accrued up to a maximum of 960 hours.
- Holidays - eleven holidays are observed each year, plus full-time employees accrue 8 hours of personal time annually.
- Voluntary alternate workweek schedule (9/80 schedule)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Rideshare Assistance
- JPL and NASA Awards
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Child care assistance program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Center - on-site gym, Yoga classes and Pilates classes
- Variety of clubs - biking, hiking, etc.
- Library and Information Resources
- Mentoring program
- Toastmasters International
- In-house professional training and development
- Caltech Employees Federal Credit Union
- The JPL Store sells JPL and space related merchandise along with theme park discounts, movie theatre discounts, photo development services, and more
Comprehensive relocation benefits provided for eligible employees.
Note: Benefits are available to "benefit based employees" (i.e., those in eligible employment categories who are regularly scheduled to work 20+ hours per week) and who have met any required waiting periods.
This is only a brief overview of the benefits offered by JPL. The Caltech benefits handbook provides additional information about eligibility and other details of JPL's
benefits programs. For more details, visit http://hr.caltech.edu/Benefits/Benefits_Handbook.htm.